Sunday, August 31, 2008

Weight gain during pregnancy


I went for regular checkup on last Thursday (my baby 25th weeks). The Ultrasound scan shows my baby fingers and her 'pet pet', to double confirm my little one is a baby girl!

You guess what, my weight gained about 7kg! now I am about 48kg hehe ^_^ My baby weight is about 1.1kg, so my husband asked me where is the 6kgs gone to? haha....

Based on the antenatal programme, below are the recommended rate of weight gain: -


  • 1st Trimester (1-12th weeks): 1-3.5kg
  • 2nd & 3rd trimester: gain 2kg every month
  • Total weight gain: 11-15kg (depends on individual BMI)
  • How the weight distributed?

    • Fetus (baby): 3.2kg
    • Blood volume 1.3kg
    • Mammary grands 0.4kg
    • Womb: 1.0kg
    • Placenta: 0.7kg
    • Amniotic fluid: 0.8kg
    • Fat & nutrient stores: 3.5kg
    • Retained water: 1.5kg
    • Total: 12.4kg

    No comments: