Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Listen to give birth experience

Last week I listened to 3 experiences from my friends and cousin. Their expected due date all estimated in month September.

My cousin called me on 15th Sept, about 2pm and told me that she was in delivery suit. She mentioned that the contraction pain was bearable until cervix dilated to 5cm-6cm. Starting from 8-9pm, the pain was stronger and stronger. She is very strong and brave, no epidural applied. About 7am on 16th Sept, cervix dilated to 8cm. The contraction was true painful. Doctor allowed her to push at this stage. She tried about 20-25 minutes to push the baby out. Finally she saw her lovely son ^-^.

After 2 days I received another good news from my ex-colleague. She experiences light contraction pain in the midnight about 1am. She can’t really fall into sleep for whole night. She went to hospital about 7am. She already decided to have epidural in very early stage of her pregnancy. So when cervix dilated to 1 cm, she required doctor to apply epidural. After 10 hours, cervix dilated to 10 cm, was time to push. My friend felt very painful as the epidural was finish and doctor advised not to add, so that she can feel the contraction pain and able to push. However her baby stop going down and the baby location was still very far for doctor to vacuum. With doctor advice, emergency caesarean was carried out. Very surprisingly her baby girl is 3.86kg!

Next was my ex-course-mate. She experienced water-bag break in the midnight, about 12am++. She and husband were panic and quickly drove to hospital. When cervix dilated to 2-3cm (at 7am ++), she decided to apply epidural. After 7-8 hours, cervix dilated to 10cm. She was lucky, she felt no pain for the whole process in the pushing stage. Maybe is because she can’t feel the contraction pain, she not able to push effectively. With the vacuum help, her baby boy was delivered ^-^.

As conclusion, different mummy have different experience. Delivery baby is not easy, especially in our parent generation, no sufficient technology and pain relieve way.


For myself, if there is no complicated case, I would like to try and experience the pain. I always asked my friends how is the contraction pain feel? Different people gave me different answers. However I wont refuse to apply epidural if really not able to cope with the pain haha.


Still have 2 and half months to go, not to think too much. Enjoy my baby movement and kicking first….


No comments: