Monday, September 8, 2008

Baby name

Once I knew I was pregnant, I can’t wait to think of baby name. In fact, I already have few names in mind since university time hehe… but the names not suitable for now because some words used by close friends or relatives.

I started to think of girl and boy name. I listed down many names and showed to husband for him to decide, but husband mentioned we should only focus after we get know baby gentle. Haha, probably I was too excited.

For Chinese name, most people will follow certain rules and depends on baby birth date and time. Some people will buy a book and calculate themselves, some will go to ‘shi fu’ for him to recommend. For myself, I have no very strong believe on this. In my opinion, as long as the name is good in listening, easy to write, good meaning, not too common, easy to pronounce, is consider good name.

Husband and I also thinking to pick an English name for baby. English name no need to follow custom rules, but every name has different meaning, origin from different country. To me, the name should be not so common, easy to pronounce and having good meaning.

This Baby Names Dictionary consists of an e-book and software. The software provides dynamic search function and maintenance spreadsheet for selected names. Here is another e-book provides a list of baby name and the basic guidelines.


1 comment:

Rain said...

How about now? Have you find a good name for your baby?